Home Equity Loan Processor
|Salary Range:||Hourly base pay plus incentives|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Amplify Federal Credit Union has been serving the Austin area since 1967. As a full-service financial institution, we provide our members with everything from savings accounts to mortgages. We want to help our members bank less and live more! |
We are currently seeking qualified individuals for a full-time Home Equity Loan Processor position, located in our North Austin offices near Parmer and MoPac.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm (potential to work a flexed schedule of 7-4, 9-6, or 10-7) THE ROLE
The Home Equity Loan Processor prepares loan applications for underwriting submission and closing. This requires regular member contact to obtain all documents necessary to fully and properly document loan requests.
- Processes and funds all approved home equity loans following Standard Operating Procedures
- Tracks incoming loan files and ensures legal and regulatory compliance issues are met with each loan application packet reporting
- Validates, updates and corrects data as necessary in all HEL origination and processing systems
- Responds to member inquiries and requests regarding loan accounts and loans in process
- Processes and follows-up on all loan requests from members and internal credit union staff and handles all associated paperwork
- Processes and tracks the recording and releasing of liens and other trailing documents as required
- Provides notary services to internal and external members
- Various other duties applicable to back office loan funding
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and minimum two years real estate lending experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of Texas Home Equity Loan processes is required. Recent experience processing Texas Home Equity loans preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must be bondable
Software & Equipment Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of and be proficient in the use of a personal computer; Microsoft Office products; 10-key calculator and telephone.
Prior experience with the following applications preferred but not necessary: MortgageBot, Calyx Point, and FSP.
The following are also requirements for this position:
Proven excellence in customer service, follow up, and follow through;
- Ability to present a professional and personable disposition to members and staff;
- Ability to handle daily routine with moderate freedom to interpret and act upon various situations with minimal supervision;
- Working knowledge of credit union's products and services, policies, Standard Operating Procedures and state and federal NCUA regulations. Knowledge of the fundamentals of banking; Knowledge of financial services delivery; Ability to analyze statistical and financial data;
- Ability to work within established guidelines with latitude to make decisions and take initiative to resolve problems or handle unique circumstances;
Ability to speak and write Spanish fluently is not required, but is a plus.
AMPLIFY offers a rich benefit package including health, dental, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) plan with matching contributions; a fully funded pension plan; paid time off; Federal holidays; paid time off to volunteer in the community; tuition reimbursement; a friendly, forward-thinking work environment, and much more.
See why our team members love working here!
Team Member Testimonials
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMPLIFY is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, genetics, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.